Philadelphia Man Kills 7-year-old Daughter and Then Commits Suicide
Next Post

Press {{ keys }} + D to make this page bookmarked.


Philadelphia Man Kills 7-year-old Daughter and Then Commits Suicide


PHILADELPHIA, PA — August 9, 2018

According to the police report, the discovery was made in the 4500 block of Wilde Street around 10:55 a.m. on Monday. The girl was found in the living room in the family's home, the father was found in an upstairs bedroom.

The man, Jeff Mancuso, 45, first killed his daughter then killed himself in the Manayunk section of Philadelphia. It is known the girl was dropped off to be with her father for the weekend on Saturday and was due back on Sunday.

When Mancuso didn’t bring Kayden back, Kayden’s mother called the police but was told there was nothing they could do without a warrant. Then she tweeted alerts on social media, hoping someone had seen her little daughter.

Meanwhile, Kayden’s stepfather and grandfather went to Mancuso’s home, where they discover the two bodies.

It is known that Kayden was shared between two parents.

The family of the little girl on the mother's side said she had a restraining order against her ex-husband, because Mancuso had a history of violent tendencies. She fought for years to gain sole custody because she didn’t trust her ex-husband to keep her daughter safe.

After a fierce and prolonged custody battle, a judge in the Bucks County Domestic Relations Court concluded that Jeff Mancuso suffered from a major depressive disorder. He was described as a man filled with hopelessness and suicidal tendencies with a long history of violence.

In particular, he punched a family dog several times, and also he was known as a man who was unable to feel grief and compassion for others which had substantially and adversely impacted his relations with his daughter. Still, he could ask that he be allowed custody of her, but only from 10 p.m. Saturdays to 6 p.m. Sundays.

"Through the times that he bit people's ears off in bars, through the times that he pushed Kathy off the stool when she was pregnant with Kayden," said Kayden's godfather, Matthew Moffett.

"The system failed us. My sister fought for her custody for years and they didn't listen to us. They let him take her and now she's gone," Kayden’s aunt, Heather Giglio said. “We knew this was gonna happen one day, we just prayed it wouldn’t.”

“The therapist suggested he needed to seek help and the judge still let her go with him,” Giglio added.

“He threatened to kill all of us. But that wasn’t enough—we had to wait for actions. We had to wait for him to actually kill her, for something to be heard and now what, what can we do? We don’t get her back.”

Kayden’s family said the girl was a vivacious and talented, she loved dancing, and at just 7 years old, she made the 10-and-under baseball team for girls with the Pennsbury Athletic Association.

"She had so much spark to her, she was our princess and our angel," said Kayden's aunt, Heather Giglio. "There's nothing we can do to bring her back."

Kayden was to be a second grader at Edgewood Elementary in the Pennsbury School District. School officials said counseling will be made available at the school from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Wednesday and Thursday.

Author: USA Really