The father of a teenager who was shot at CHOP receives a call from the US president but Seattle Mayor doesn't care
The occupation of part of Seattle was intended to amuse the vanity of the Mayor of the city and the radical activists of the Black Lives Matter movement, but in fact led to an increase in crime and casualties among the population.
The father of 19-year-old Horace Lorenzo Anderson Jr., who died inside CHOP / CHAZ, said that Donald Trump contacted him today and offered his condolences for the loss. At the same time, Jenny Durkan is still avoiding contact with the families of the deceased in Seattle's previously occupied zone, Q13 Fox reports.
"Incredibly, Donald Trump called me," said 50-year-old Horace Lorenzo Anderson Sr. "The President of the United States called me today. He gave his condolences, and me, I'm not a political guy. I told him, 'Nobody like you.' I'm real. Donald Trump called me and he didn't have to call me."
The tragedy occurred on the morning of June 30th. On that day, two people received bullet wounds.
During the entire period of occupation of the city district and complete inaction on the part of officials and the police’s lack of access to crime scenes, there were at least five shootings with a dozen victims.
After that, the Seattle Police Chief spoke to BLM activists and the group holding the CHOP at that time. To the laughter of protesters and occupiers, she asked questions that no one wanted to answer.
"Two African-American men are dead at a place where they claim to be working for Black Lives Matter."— Andy Ngô (@MrAndyNgo) June 30, 2020
Seattle police chief @carmenbest is heckled by angry protesters at a press conference inside "CHAZ" addressing the homicide & injury of two black children by CHAZ security. pic.twitter.com/RvvLkFyYxc
Only after all the losses and events, the mayor of Seattle, who had previously encouraged the illegal seizure of the zone, was forced to bring in dozens of police officers to expel the protesters from the CHOP.