Woman Overdoses on Heroin in Hospital Bathroom
OXFORD, OH — July 18, 2018
A strange incident took place in a restroom at McCullough Hyde Memorial Hospital-TriHealth in Oxford, Ohio.
According to police, a woman was found, unresponsive, in a restroom in the hospital's bathroom, from a possible drug overdose.
The woman, who was awaiting surgery, was found passed out in a restroom at McCullough Hyde Memorial Hospital-TriHealth, and the cause is suspected to be a heroin overdose, according to a police report.
The unnamed suspect was reportedly in the hospital for surgery related to multiple abscessed wounds on her arms from IV drug use. It is suspected that an unnamed boyfriend passed her heroin in the hospital, according to police.
A bag of a hard, dark substance suspected to be heroin was located sticking out of her purse pocket when her belongings were moved to the Intensive Care Unit from her prior room, according to police.
The substance was collected for forensic testing and placed into evidence. The woman was revived and moved to the Intensive Care Unit.