U.S. Army released the names of 5 American soldiers killed in helicopter crash in Egypt
The USA army released the names of five American soldiers who died in a helicopter crash in Sinai, Egypt on Thursday.
The soldiers were the members of peacemaking operation with the Multinational Force and Observers (MFO) mission. The one of six American soldiers suffered in the crash remains hospitalized in serious condition.
U.S. Army Black Hawk UH-60 crashed on Tiran Island off the southern coast of Egypt’s Sinai Peninsula on Thursday
The names of the deceased soldiers are:
- Capt. Seth Vernon Vandekamp, 31, from Katy, Texas.
- Chief Warrant Officer 3 Dallas Gearld Garza, 34, from Fayetteville, N.C.
- Chief Warrant Officer 2 Marwan Sameh Ghabour, 27, from Marlborough, Mass.
- Staff Sgt. Kyle Robert McKee, 35, from Painesville, Ohio
- Sgt. Jeremy Cain Sherman, 23, from Watseka, Ill.
“At this point, there is no information to indicate the crash was anything except an accident,” a statement from the U.N. peacekeeping mission said.
The Black Hawk’s crash is still reportedly under investigation.